Fiance Visa’s can be sought for fiances of United States citizens living abroad. The fiancé visa application has two parts. First, the United States citizen will make an application for his or her fiancé with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service. The application will take several months to process. Unfortunately, there are no method for express processing of this application. Once the application is approved, your fiancé will receive an interview at their designated Department of State, US Embassy.

An officer for the Embassy will conduct an embassy to verify that the fiancé relationship truly exists and most importantly that your fiancé is admissible to the United States. Having previously lied at a past embassy appointment, prior deportation, criminal convictions, or other issues could make your fiancé inadmissible. Therefore, it is a good idea to inquire with her or him whether these issues apply prior to making the application. 

If all goes well with the interview, the visa will be approved and your fiancé will be on her/his way to join you in the United States. 

Once in the United States, you are required to marry your fiancé within 90 days of her/his arrival. If a the marriage does not take place within 90 days, your fiancé will not be allowed to get her green card. You will need to seek other options that might require returning to her/his home country to start the process all over again or to a similar process.

Contact Us today to see how we can help you!