Different types of work visas in the US
Work visas are given in the United States who wishes to work there, and this can even lead to permanent residency at times. This article aims to list the different types of work visas that are available in the US. They include:

Nonimmigrant visas- Temporary work visas, these require the holder to leave the States after the visa expires, unless he/she wishes to extend it.
H-1B- This is the most sought-after nonimmigrant visa, which requires the holder to hold a job in a specialty occupation, and usually requires a bachelor’s degree or something higher in order to be eligible. There are annual caps on this type of visa and your US employer needs to file a petition with the USCIS using the I-129 form.
L-1- L-1 is a nonimmigrant work visa that is provided to people who work for a foreign company that is the affiliate of an US company, or are coming to the US in order to establish the company’s branch in the country. It requires the holder to have worked for the affiliate company for at least 1 year, within the last 3 years of having applied for the visa. There are two types of L-1 visa, the L-1A for executives and managers, and the L-1B for employees with specialized knowledge.

O-1- The O-1 visa is for foreign nationals who have come to the US based on their merits and extraordinary abilities in the field that they work in. They require having a job offer from the US to meet the requirements of this visa, and must meet at least three of six requirements in order to prove the fact that they are extraordinary in their field.
E-1- E-1 is a nonimmigrant visa reserved for nationals belonging to certain countries, who want to come to US to carry out trade activities. These may include a Treaty Investor or a Treaty Trader.

TN- Created by the NAFTA, the TN visa is for citizens of Mexico and Canada, to come into the US and start working there.
Immigrant Visa- These visas allow the holder to receive permanent residency once they arrive on US soil. There are different types of immigrant visas as well, which include EB-1 Extraordinary ability visas, EB-1 Multinational executive visas and EB-2 Advanced degree visas.
In order to best understand, which visa is best suited for you and what process is involved with the application process, hiring professional attorneys can prove to be prudent. Here at the Law Offices of Carmelia Taylor, PLLC.,, we offer excellent legal services to help you through the process. Therefore, choose us at the earliest.

Contact Us today to see how we can help you!